Thursday, February 03, 2005

Blast from the Past

This is my first experience in yankee Land.

I know its little late but then i guess thats ok, Isnt it?Here I go then.

First of all I must admit that going away from India does hurt and makes me wonder Y do ppl(including myself) really want to get out of their country. Really surprising. I guess money is everything. Ok fine now without pondering into this debatable and philoshpical topic more I think I should move on. So as i said when I was moving towards the main entrace of Chennai Airports I could feel something in my stomach. I dont think thats explainable, but there was some strange feeling. I guess the feeling of fright. I was scared of some things and that is the reason i gues i was remembering god that time and i was trying not to think anything. But tell me is it possible to stop yourself from thinking. Well i dont think so. But that was an emotional moment for me,more because my mom was there. I know she some how stopped herself from crying.

Anywasy that moment passed and here I was sitting in one of the worlds most admired airlines.
Singapore Airlines journey I must admit was the mind boggling experience. I mean they serve with so much panache. just had a gr888 journey in Singapore Airlines. Arguably the best Airlines. They have this Entertainment system for each individual where they have put one TV for each individual. Now there u can play video game. U can also listen to some music. Watch some 50 movies, MTV and lot more things which entertain ppl. There was one sports channer as well. But they were just showing golf only. So i took full advantage of this system by watching as many as 4 movies. All of them lastest releases in India like The passion of Christ, 13 goin on 30,Helsing and one Hindi movie called Hera Pheri.

But even with this system i did get bored. Man 24 hours is something. However good the facility is its just very difficult to sit continouly for 24 hours. U know wat I even spilled my entire food on one Korean girl. My god was she pretty. She was much more than that. Luckily for me she dint say anything when i spilled my food. I felt so bad lekin kya kare saale kaante aur churi se khaane jaayenge to yahi hoga na:-)

I almost missed my flight at Singapore(the transit point) as there was some 3 hours
break and i fell asleep but thank god i got up in time just 10 minutes before the flight take off. Sleep is the best thing on earth. So flight was good but was really tiring. I mean sitting there for some 24 hours can make anyone go crazy. Isnt it?

As soon as i got down i realized it myself whatever one of my friend was saying was so true that everything here comes in jumbo size from buildings to ppl to the size of juice glasses. As i took taxi i immediately found out that Man this place is something spcl. Vehiles here ply at the some speed of some 100 miles per hour with such ease which means 160 km per hour. My taxi was like an airplane. These ppl have these freeways here which means that once u get into this road u wont be stopping anywhere on this road. Thats amazing. Saw 4 flyovers on top of the other.
Staggeringly beautifull. Covered some 15 miles till my hotel in some 20 minutes. 13 miles of freeway in note more than 10 minutes.

As soon as i went inside the hotel, I realized that i'll have to use my hand as many number of times as Yogi uses daily. The receptionist was may be the most beautifull women i had ever seen with minimal clothes on top but with a jacket. As I started loitering around all alone i found out that every second gul is beautifull with minimal clothes but not as beautiful as my hotel receptionist. Clothes i guess here are not liked by much ppl as its very hot here some 100 F ( Check out this is Farenheit) .

These yankees here use everything in world which is not common. Farenheit, Miles, Pounds, Gallons and many more things like that. The way we swith off something they swith it on and
obviously vice versa. Then this place is fucking costly ppl. U have to shell out some 2500/- for 15 miles in the cab. Exorbitant amount. Then on top of that u have to pay him 10% tip. If u dont he will ask from u directly. U have to guys.

My office is a boring place with no chicks all desi ppl around talkin in Hindi settled here with family. Sometimes i feel this UBOC is being run by Indians only. I hardly get to c any gora aadmi in the office. Had some work as soon as i came here but then for past 2 days no work. Bas makhhi maar raha hun. Maarni kuch aur cheez chahiye waise to mujhe lekin i dont meri kismet mein kab hain. Shaayad kora kagaaz kora hi rah jaayega doston.

I guess I have written too much for a blog. Hope u guys dont get bored with this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home