Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Game...

Since the day I have landed in this part of fancy, mesmerizing and rich country I have tried to tried even those things which I dont like just for the sake of experience. Some of them have been Driving crazily for 10 hours, Starbucks coffee, going out and partying whole night which includes boozing and girls etc etc. The last one was yesterday "watching baseball game". Which I neither understand and nor do I like. But then you see I did want to be left behind when ppl back in India talk about baseball and I am just sitting there and nodding my head smiling at them. U know what I mean :-) Anyways first of all let me tell you this simple fact that if you think this is the most original game from Americans. Then sorry. This game has its root in a game called Rounders which is played in UK.

Each team has some 10 innings to play and 8 out of 10 times no team scores. Isnt that boring. U dont get to see any runs being scored. But guess what one good thing was the ground. Astonishingly lush green with 40k people for a very ordinary game. I gathered from there that they (Giants-San Francisco team) has one very special player named Berry Bonds who has just returned after a long injury. People come there to have fun. Hardly anybody watches the game. People were doing everything eating, boozing, talking playing but watching. They shouted when they were asked to shout,they cheered when they were asked to cheered and they kissed when the camera was on them. 2 Seconds fame. Huh...

Does it matter if I write who won? Who cares right. Not me! I kept longing for that one Home run. Bloddy it never came...Never got a chance to shout even once. I guess in 3 hours of game I could count some 25 times when the ball touched the bat ;-)Funny...This one was Damp Squib for me or shall was say fiasco. Anyways. I did not find anything interesting in it and only if somebody is giving me free tickets I will go again to watch the game.

Let me take this chance to blurt out about one more game which I seriously dislike. This one is another major game for them. Ya i know u guessed it right Rugby oops I m sorry Football. And the fuuniest part is there is hardly any foot involved in this game which is not played with balls but some rubber thing of oval shape. Ya i know its rugby in English world. That is one another game in which out of 2 hours players are doing nothing just sitting on their knees waiting for somebody to blow whistle n then bang. 1 second of game every 5 minutes. Some guys may say this is my lack of knowledge. I know this is my lack of knowledge of the game. But who cares. The game sucks anyways.

4 Comments:

Blogger wise donkey said...

gosh it was tough reading the post and it wasnt due to ur writing style.

i went against my "block" and hoped to find something interesting about baseball but hey i was right, its boring.

lol on "football"

must have been awfully boring for u

my condolences :)

7:48 AM  
Blogger Amit said...

Its been a long time since you posted something. Now that I can see your comments I hope
I can read some intellectual and quizzical stuff...Welcome back Wise Donkey!

Are you in US by any chance?

9:52 AM  
Blogger wise donkey said...

intellectual :)) no way.

no i am not in US :)
i was in Chennai from May till august and now abroad.

11:31 PM  
Blogger wise donkey said...

thanks :)

11:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home