Monday, May 02, 2005

After a long time....

Wow!!!I am really excited to be back here. Its been a really long time since I visited this page last and I was longing :-) to come back here....

Some of the very nasty and heart warming things happened during this time though. I'll start with good things....My manager very impressed with me...Interaction increased a lot...Took lots of initiatives myself and is right now leading the whole project. Some of the team members though have almost 3 times of my exp...Feels good!!!! Got long awaited promotion. May be thats the best thing that has happened to me in past few months....Was denied 2 times earlier because of lack of exp.....Well I m not complaining now....Feeling good...Take home has also increased marginally...But guess what every penny saved extra can make my decision of coming back to India much sooner....

Now the series of bad things....Was there in New York for 3 weeks. Though was supposed to be there for 4 months...Had to come all of a sudden in middle because the project which I was suppose to support was taken away from my company....No not because of my incompetency but because of some clients internal problems...Had a very horrid time in New York....No body was helpful in the office...Everybody was looking at me with such glaring eyes as if, if they get chance they are gonna bash me in some nook or corner....There was lot of politics at the clients place and aura there wasnt very pleasing...I was hating every moment being spent there...So in a way it was good for me that our company did not get the project...The more I talk about that stay there in New York more I feel bad...Second New York Trip was a torrid experience.....Glad to be back....I must admit though that one good thing came out whole New York Fiasco for me and that was getting visibility in the company :-) Even if it was for wrong reasons.

Back to the same place and same project now....Same stuff now.....Hope things go smoothly from here :-)

2 Comments:

Blogger Deeps said...

Good for you :) Congratulations on your promotion :))

I always believe that the bad times are the beginning of new good times. So, forget all about it and loook forward to the new :)

Also, welcome back to blogging ;-)

10:25 PM  
Blogger Amit said...

Thanks!

If you are firm believer in what u think then I wish for some more bad times! See I guess I m gettin greedy...

9:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home