Sunday, April 17, 2005

First one dedictated to my passion....which seems to be dying

Cricket....It use to make my day and break my day as well...Indian team winning was just like some sort of energy for me...I might sound crazy but i was not able to sleep when India used to loose and I know that used to happen so often...

I have been following this recent series even when I am in US...Everything seems to be so useless.....When the series had just begun I was telling my room mates that India is going to win this series without any challenge. 3-0 and 6-0(dim chances of 5-1) hogwash...First day my roomie told me its gonna be either in Pakistans favour or draw... And I asked him how can he even think of such a improbable result...He said he might sound a little pessimistic in his guidance but then he told that everything has already been planned out and everything is rigged. I laughed at him and said God give me break...What makes u think of such highly obnoxius things...And he just told me wait and watch....

Here the series is...We all know what happend so far and by the end of day we will know whether his first prediction was right or the latter one...RIght now first one seems more probable...

Highly debatable and contentious issue to talk about...But was this really all planned or my roomie just happend to be right...It really horrenduous to see India loosing to a team which is not even full strength...Can anybody please explain this to me....How come his prediction is right...God please I hope my roomie is not a bookie or he is not into India- Pakistan cordial relationship thing....

Is BCCI making a fool out of Indian public...Are they doing what they have been asked to do.....Can this result be really a possibility with India at their best with such a inexperienced side...I just fail to understand...But one thing is sure Cricket no more makes my day and neither does it ruins my day....I try not to even look at score but I just fail to do that right now and so i at least keep track of scores....My roomie doesnt even do that....

Y is cricket religion to India...Is Team India really winning enuff for ppl to worship these players...Is Team India really doing enuff to pull 1000's of ppl to stadiums...Is team India putting their 100% to force ppl miss their offices and watch this highly addicted sport in the country...Or is that they are just puppets in the hands of Government India...

What ever may be the reason, its the ppl India who are at loss... Its ppl India with whose sentiments they are playing...Its ppl India who is getting upset with each loss...Its ppl India who are praying for our country on every morning instead of their children well being....

There are still lots of questions which are like thorns in my heart...One of them is like does team India really get upset with their loss...Anyways they are getting paid less with their loss...They will still be paid the same amount of money...We say they are professionals...

Every where in this world are paid according to how they perfom their duties...Why do we place the same principle with them....

I just fail to understand why cant I get away from cricket even after having so many doubts in my mind....Its just too easy to ask...Difficult to follow!!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger wise donkey said...

:) amit.
well i have spent enough hours on watchin it.
and wasted hours following discussions on tv on why we lost.
i think for test, i agree with waqar . he said that a similar team had won in Pakistan but the pitches werent decent enough for pathan balaji...

re.one day, i think the media became obsessed with Saurav. India won and 67% according to Match ka mujrim poll say Saurav guilty (errr of India winning??)

i am no saurav fan, but thats not the way to treat a winning team.
But India has never been that good in oneday.

Its not possible for a team to win everytime. Auz is the exception, but look at the infrastructure they have:)

the solution is not blamin players but strengthenin the team and a coach like Wright would help too:)

not an expert just another opinion:D

6:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home