Wednesday, October 05, 2005

6 more months...

Somehow my company was able to convince the client that I should be here for another 6 months (till the time group is finally merged into Wachovia). And now here I m doing nothing currently and wont do anything for another 6 months. I am sick and tired of this thing. My manager just wants money out of the account without being concerned abt the fact that there is no work. What he sees is there are 6 applications and somebody should be there to take care of them irrespective of the fact that they are not being used extensively now and neither do we get any defects in those applications. Money is all what counts. I guess that is the attitude of all the software companies in India.

Its more than a year since I have landed here and I have not done any sort of coding (past 6 months). I have almost forgot the most basics of my technology and I feel I m already useless if I keep working on the same thing. The kind of work I m doing here is just ananlysis, meetings and Requirements gathering. Now these are the only things I can do.

Now I m thinking of going back to India once this project finishes that is after 6 months. No its not that my company wants me to go back but I feel its enough n I need to go back to sweet sweet home (though I know that I wont be living there.). But the feel is enough. :-)Now here is the real question what am I gonna do there? With the remaining skill I have I can only be the pain and not of any gain to my colleagues back in India. Does everybody who goes back to India goes thru the same process? Finally adapts gradually to the demands. Hopefully everything should go fine and I should be back in India 6 months from now...

Actually not able to make up mind that should I really go back to India. I have a very good life here. No work only araam and pretty good savings. Its really difficult when you have to choose one in mind and heart. Very difficult choice to make. In my case mind normally wins but I m doubtful this time. Will have to wait for 6 months to see which one comes triumphant.

3 Comments:

Blogger Deeps said...

Hey chill man!! Nobody ever gets that much time when they are onsite ;-).

But if you really think you ought to do more/work in your technology, look for open source projects. Sourceforge is one of them.

Honestly I feel you ought to take this time to relax, explore the place, probably go for some hikes/treks, 'cause there are wonderful organized places here to hike in. Maybe even travel to nearby places and take hell lot of photos ;-) :-D. After all, everyone doesn't get time like that!!

6:18 AM  
Blogger Amit said...

Well seriosly I have done all of this and that too so many times.

I can only repeat these things...

Thanks a lot for this link Sourceforge. Will definitely look into this.

10:13 AM  
Blogger wise donkey said...

:) tough choice, though it maynot seem tough

12:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home